NextM - Exponentially Yours
Terms and conditions
GroupM runs various events, seminars and conferences from time to time to update, educate and provoke discussion amongst its clients, potential clients and industry bodies (“Events”). This privacy notice provides you with information about how GroupM uses your personal data when you register for and attend an Event run by GroupM.
By submitting your e-mail address, you allow us and the GroupM group members to email and text you relevant communication about similar events or other information about our products that we believe may have your and/or your company’s interest. The GroupM group members include the following: Wavemaker, Essencemediacom, Mindshare and Acceleration.
You will be able to unsubscribe to each and every GroupM group member information e-mail you may receive.
How does this privacy notice relate to other privacy notices?
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal data in relation to your interest in, or attendance at, an Event run by GroupM. It supplements our general Privacy Notice on our website.
Registering for an Event
If you wish to attend one of our Events, please RSVP by responding to us using the contact details provided in the Event invite.
What personal data will be processed?
If you register and consent to share your information with us, GroupM will receive the following information
- From registration on the Confetti event platform:
- Your first and last name, email address, company, market of your workplace, phone number, title and possible dietary preferences included in your registration.
GroupM will photograph and film the Event which will be used to market our services and to promote future events. GroupM may therefore process your image.
Furthermore, GroupM will also process records of communications sent to you by GroupM or that we receive from you in relation to an Event you will attend/have attended.
What is the purpose of processing?
GroupM will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about the event(s) for which you have registered, such as event updates, and possible changes, cancellation or similar information;
- For general administration and organisation of our events, for example to contact you with information about an event or conference that you a’re exhibiting at, or attending as we need to use your details for planning and logistics, to invoice you, to provide you customer service in relation to the event, and general administration of your attendance at the event.
- To fulfil and monitor our legal responsibilities, for example, under public safety legislation;
- In accordance with your preferences, to communicate with you about other events, news, and services we provide (for example online webinars, education and/or other events);
- To ask you for your feedback or review after an Event you have attended;
- To pass on your contact details to our logistics partners to enhance your experience at an Event you have signed up to exhibit or sponsor at;
- To assess the activity of our attendees at our Events.
- To create a delegate list (which will include your name and company)
- To improve our services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
- To promote future events;
- To plan better future events and attendee experience.
What is the legal basis of the processing?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- For our legitimate interests (for example, in order to manage and develop our business, study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, grow our business and inform our marketing strategy).
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us. To the extent that you may provide us with personal data about yourself that is sensitive, for example relating to any disability, allergies, or other dietary requirements that you have, we will process this information with your explicit consent, or if it is necessary:
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Very occasionally, when it is needed to protect your or another person’s vital interests and you are not capable of giving your consent (for example, in an emergency).
Who will your personal data be shared with?
Within GroupM, your personal data is shared only with those departments and staff who need access for the processing purposes set out above.
We may share some of the information with external organisations providing services for the Event you are attending, in particular we may share your information (including dietary preferences) with catering service if you are attending an Event where catering is offered. The information shared will only be used to provide the service required and will not be retained by these external organisations after the Event is concluded.
How long is your personal data kept?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a compliant or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
If you consent to stay in touch with us, or subscribe to our newsletter, essential information to communicate with you will be kept until you withdraw your consent or unsubscribe to specific communication as explained in our General Privacy Notice.
Third Party Apps
Your rights in relation to your data
Details about your rights are set out in our General Privacy Notice.
Our Privacy Notice also explains how to ask any questions you may have about how your personal data is used, exercise any of your rights or complain about the way your data is being handled.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to our DPO at DPO@GroupM.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Please note that because of the changing nature of privacy laws and regulations, digital technologies, and our business, we may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please review this Privacy Notice periodically to become aware of any changes that may have occurred (we will update the effective date at the top of the page to help you know when changes have been made).
If you have any Complaints or wish to contact us:
If for whatever reason you don’t feel like we have adequately addressed your concerns you can contact the Data Protection Authority in your jurisdiction and make a formal complaint.
GroupM UK Limited
GroupM, 40 The Strand, London WC2N 5RW – Attn: Data Protection Officer